Go back to Marques and Men pageMBMG

Geoff Monk built his Formula 3 car in late 1951, in collaboration Derek Monk and Alan Bell. It was front engined and rear wheel drive based on a P type MG with the capacity reduced by means of a short throw crank and used four Amal carburettors and four exhaust pipes. In practice, it was too large and heavy to be competitive as Iota rather disparagingly observed. The only result that we have a record of is a DNF in the Commander Yorke Trophy, August 1953.

As reported in Motor Sport, July 1952

If anyone has any more details or photos, please get in touch.

Go to 500 Owners Home Page