Go Back to Marques and Men PageScott

The Scott Motor Cycle Company was founded by Angas Scott in 1908 in West Yorkshire. Scott designed and patented a vertical twin two-stroke engine in 1904 and his bikes always featured this form of engine. The company had a significant racing involvement prior to the Great War (Angas died in 1923) but by the end of the second World War, Scott was in decline.

In the earliest days a number of constructors chose Scott engines including: Dennis Flather Marott, a Marwyn fitted with a Scott engine (MARwyn scOTT) A.A. Underwood's special and Norman Pugh's Pugh Special but none troubled the engravers unduly.

A plea from Iota, January 1948

Go to 500 Owners Home Page