Go Back to Marques and Men PageVSM

Victor van der Brempt was a pioneer of 500cc racing in Belgium with his first car, the Dofin and became president of the Club du Racers 500.

In 1950 Victor built his second car, in partnership with his sons Stanislas and Maurice and named it VSM from their initials.

The VSM used a Fiat engine with special "Testadoro" overhead valves, DKW axles and VW gearbox. Like the Dofin, it was a two seater but was too heavy to be successful.

Dofin 2.jpg (34020 bytes)

 

 

 

 

 

In 1952, the car was re-bodied as a single seater with a double overhead cam conversion. It only raced once on this form, in Brussels on 11th May '52 after which Victor realised it would never be successful. It still exists and is still owned by Victor's son Maurice.

Our thanks to Maurice van der Brempt and Alessandro de Silva.

Victor gives the thumbs up, Brussels, May 1952

Maurice in the cockpit at Chimay in 2006.

Go to 500 Owners Home Page